Introduction to principles of environmental relations and processes; survey of environmental literature.
- Faculty: DEBORAH STEKETEE
This course is an introduction to principles of environmental relations and processes and a survey of environmental literature. Our primary objective in class will be to develop a familiarity with the natural world and our place within it, and to become more familiar with pressing issues related to sustainability and care of creation.
After taking this course, students should be able to answer the
· What is environmental science?
· What are ecosystems; how do they function?
· What do humans need in terms of resources?
· How do we get those resources?
· What are the factors (historical, cultural, economic, political and social) that affect our decision-making with respect to how we get resources?
· What is sustainability?
· What can we do as an individual and as communities to make sustainable decisions?
- Faculty: DAMIEN SAVINO
Introduction to Environmental Studies is a course that examines the interaction between humans and the Earth System that supports them.
- Faculty: ANNE KELLER